domingo, 18 de mayo de 2014

Louis Vuitton Cruise show 2015: It's Not Only About Fashion

So, under this title, most bloggers might talk about how "gorg and wonderful the LV Cruise show was", that Ghesquière's job was wonderful-showing now preference for Jacobs or for him- and blah blah blah. Most of these bloggers might've been spoiled by Vuitton to say this OR would like to, so they praise everything it's done at the maison.

Well, I haven't been spoiled by LV-in fact, I watched the show on YouTube- and well, although I wouldn't mind to, I'm not go to praise them for it. Anyway, I'm writting this to talk about a major problem I've seen in the latest Vuitton shows-both of them styled by Ghesquière- : the almost-starvation state of the models.

I'm not going to start giving the typical talk of "models should be curvy women, they should have a big butt, so that they would aproach to the day-to-day woman." I'm not saying that beacause that'd be hypocrite, considering the fact that we all want to be skinny or muscled, or have an ideal body, and also beacuse it's something that depends on the desingner-and, consequently, on the clothes-, and I believe they should have freedom for that, as the model is for the desingner what the canvas is for the painter, but sometimes the line is crossed, and in this case the line is health.


Most people might think that this is just stupid-most of the minority who reads this-, that I, a 16-year old girl haven't got voice on this debate, but I don't agree with that, I think this concerns me as I'm one of those millions of teenager around the world who purschases VOGUE every month and, when opening it at home, goes through the pages checking out all those amazing photoshoots, comparing herself with those gorgeous models on the cover and thinking "I wish I had her body, how does she do it?"

Luckily, in my case, it's not anything alarming-as I end up not being able to complete a single series of abs-, but some girls do get obsessed with that, not because they think they are gonna get more boys because of that, but because of a matter of inner satisfaction, because they think that way, if they look like all those starved models, they'll be modelling for Vuitton, and if they see a 15-cm thigh modelling for Vuitton, theyare going to starve themselfs untill they have that damn 15-cm thigh.

To conclude, I'd like to say  I have nothing aganist Louis Vuitton(otherwise, they wouldn't mind) neither aganist Nicholas Ghesquière whose job, after the permanent footprint Jacobs has left in the maison, is a tough one(He will also appear on my  series of "hot desngners"). I also would like to state that Vuitton bags do still have my heart.

1 comentario: